NashTech at Japan ICT Day 2019 in Danang
October 23, 2019
NashTech, part of the Harvey Nash Group plc, joined the Japan ICT Day 2019 which was hosted by The Da Nang People’s Committee and the Vietnam Software Association (VINASA) in Danang city.
Since 2007, this conference has been a destination for Vietnamese and Japanese enterprises to seek business/ technology partnerships. This year, Japan ICT Day addressed the theme “Vietnam-Japan boost IT Cooperation in the Fourth Industrial Revolution” which attracted over 300 delegates in both Vietnam and Japan to discuss in three sessions including Vietnam-Japan ICT cooperation in emerging technologies (AI, Blockchain, Big Data, AI, IoT, RPA…); IT manpower development and efficient improvement in software outsourcing.
Key highlights from the conference:
- Mr. Le Trung Chinh – Danang Vice-president of the People’s Committee shared that Japan has been the biggest foreign investor in Da Nang, accounting for 25% of total FDI to this city. Also, he said that Japan is the biggest software outsourcing market for lots of companies in Danang.
- Mr. Takeo Nakajima of JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) shared in 2018, there have been 248 Japanese enterprises that invested in Vietnam in the IT sector, accounting for 8% of total FDI of Japan into Vietnam.
- Ms. Junko Kawauchi. Vice President of Global Affairs at JISA (Japan Information Technology Services Industry Association) expressed that 95% of Japanese companies shared their interest and willingness to employ software engineers from Vietnam.
- Mr. Tran Ngoc Thach – Vice Director, Da Nang Department of Information and Communications presented about policies and programs of Danang to absorb foreign direct capital.
- Ms. Vicky Chan – Vice President, NashTech Japan shared how to build up a successful path to offshore development between Vietnam and Japan in specific.
NashTech enables innovative business and digital transformation through IT services spanning Software Services, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), and Consulting. It operates globally to support organisations with both outsourcing and consultancy requirements.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you utilize the latest technologies, innovate and stay ahead of your competition.
For more information, please visit www.nashtechglobal.com